Red pandas ready for romance at Denver Zoo
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" a new red panda named "Chewbacca" came to the Denver Zoo. And he's ready for romance!
Chewbacca only has eyes for the zoo's lone female panda, "Daisy," also a red panda.
Chewbacca came a long way to meet her, all the way from Detroit, Michigan. Daisy arrived in November from Lansing, Michigan.
The Denver Zoo has been very successful in breeding red pandas. A previous breeding pair gave birth to six cubs between 2008 and 2009.
animal news, bizarre news
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 17 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
5 min ago
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
58 min ago