Red pandas ready for romance at Denver Zoo
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" a new red panda named "Chewbacca" came to the Denver Zoo. And he's ready for romance!
Chewbacca only has eyes for the zoo's lone female panda, "Daisy," also a red panda.
Chewbacca came a long way to meet her, all the way from Detroit, Michigan. Daisy arrived in November from Lansing, Michigan.
The Denver Zoo has been very successful in breeding red pandas. A previous breeding pair gave birth to six cubs between 2008 and 2009.
animal news, bizarre news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter