San Diego Zoo giant panda cub playful during latest test
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- The San Diego Zoo's giant panda cub was in a very playful mood during his latest examination.
It took three sets of hands to measure and examine the new cub, Xiao Liwu, on Wednesday. They examined his eyes, teeth, heart and lungs.
The cub, strong and very playful, had no interest in sitting still. Vets say Xiao Liwu is already 24.6 inches long and weighs 19.4 pounds. Zoo officials say Xiao Liwu has gained a lot of muscle in his back legs from climbing trees and other activities. More of his teeth are also growing in.
Experts say panda cubs may appear clumsy, but they learn how to safely tumble and fall very quickly. The pandas are on a research loan from China.
animal news, san diego, bizarre news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 37 min ago
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin 17 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition 9 min ago
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
16 min ago