Valentine's Day gift to remember: Woman gives boyfriend kidney
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KABC) -- It was Valentine's Day gift to remember: A woman in Kansas City, Kan., gave her boyfriend one of her kidneys.
Travis Spire-Sweet has had kidney problems since birth. After spending over a year on the donor list, Spire-Sweet learned his girlfriend was the perfect match.
Last week, Taesha Benson underwent surgery to donate a kidney to her boyfriend. Both are doing well following surgery.
Not only is Thursday Valentine's Day, but it's also National Donor Day.
holiday, bizarre news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 6 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)