Valentine's Day gift to remember: Woman gives boyfriend kidney
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KABC) -- It was Valentine's Day gift to remember: A woman in Kansas City, Kan., gave her boyfriend one of her kidneys.
Travis Spire-Sweet has had kidney problems since birth. After spending over a year on the donor list, Spire-Sweet learned his girlfriend was the perfect match.
Last week, Taesha Benson underwent surgery to donate a kidney to her boyfriend. Both are doing well following surgery.
Not only is Thursday Valentine's Day, but it's also National Donor Day.
holiday, bizarre news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser 35 min ago
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Simi Valley attack may be gang-related, police say 14 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns 50 min ago
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Frazier Park fire almost fully contained 6 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge