Valentine's Day gift to remember: Woman gives boyfriend kidney
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KABC) -- It was Valentine's Day gift to remember: A woman in Kansas City, Kan., gave her boyfriend one of her kidneys.
Travis Spire-Sweet has had kidney problems since birth. After spending over a year on the donor list, Spire-Sweet learned his girlfriend was the perfect match.
Last week, Taesha Benson underwent surgery to donate a kidney to her boyfriend. Both are doing well following surgery.
Not only is Thursday Valentine's Day, but it's also National Donor Day.
holiday, bizarre news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks