Valentine's Day gift to remember: Woman gives boyfriend kidney
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KABC) -- It was Valentine's Day gift to remember: A woman in Kansas City, Kan., gave her boyfriend one of her kidneys.
Travis Spire-Sweet has had kidney problems since birth. After spending over a year on the donor list, Spire-Sweet learned his girlfriend was the perfect match.
Last week, Taesha Benson underwent surgery to donate a kidney to her boyfriend. Both are doing well following surgery.
Not only is Thursday Valentine's Day, but it's also National Donor Day.
holiday, bizarre news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate