Meteor sightings reported across Southland
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you saw a flash of light in the sky Thursday night, you were hardly alone.
Dozens of Eyewitness News viewers reported seeing a blazing-bright meteor fly through the sky around 10:30 p.m.
Viewer Simon Crask sent us a photo he snapped with a low-light camera in Anaheim. The meteor could be seen on the left.
Sightings were reported all around the Southland, including in Los Angeles, Alhambra, Burbank, Malibu, Pasadena, Culver City, Santa Clarita, Garden Grove, Costa Mesa and Ventura.
Many people took to Twitter to describe what they saw. Viewer Trina Megumi said she was driving on the 60 Freeway in Pomona when she saw a bright blue light that appeared to be coming down from the sky.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 49 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants