Meteor sightings reported across Southland
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you saw a flash of light in the sky Thursday night, you were hardly alone.
Dozens of Eyewitness News viewers reported seeing a blazing-bright meteor fly through the sky around 10:30 p.m.
Viewer Simon Crask sent us a photo he snapped with a low-light camera in Anaheim. The meteor could be seen on the left.
Sightings were reported all around the Southland, including in Los Angeles, Alhambra, Burbank, Malibu, Pasadena, Culver City, Santa Clarita, Garden Grove, Costa Mesa and Ventura.
Many people took to Twitter to describe what they saw. Viewer Trina Megumi said she was driving on the 60 Freeway in Pomona when she saw a bright blue light that appeared to be coming down from the sky.
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing 22 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video