Meteor sightings reported across Southland
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you saw a flash of light in the sky Thursday night, you were hardly alone.
Dozens of Eyewitness News viewers reported seeing a blazing-bright meteor fly through the sky around 10:30 p.m.
Viewer Simon Crask sent us a photo he snapped with a low-light camera in Anaheim. The meteor could be seen on the left.
Sightings were reported all around the Southland, including in Los Angeles, Alhambra, Burbank, Malibu, Pasadena, Culver City, Santa Clarita, Garden Grove, Costa Mesa and Ventura.
Many people took to Twitter to describe what they saw. Viewer Trina Megumi said she was driving on the 60 Freeway in Pomona when she saw a bright blue light that appeared to be coming down from the sky.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 8 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 37 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought 58 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'