Sea lion pup jumps into OC man's kayak
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Garden Grove man got the surprise of his life when a young sea lion jumped up on his kayak.
Rick Coleman was able to capture the incident on video. He says he was scuba diving off the coast of Redondo Beach last week, and when he surfaced, the sea lion pup jumped right up.
Coleman is not sure if the sea lion was scared of predators, wanted to get warm or was just playing around. The pup stayed awhile before diving back into the water.
animal news, amazing video, bizarre news
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building 22 min ago
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road 22 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 37 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 42 min ago
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 1 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews