Sea lion pup jumps into OC man's kayak
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Garden Grove man got the surprise of his life when a young sea lion jumped up on his kayak.
Rick Coleman was able to capture the incident on video. He says he was scuba diving off the coast of Redondo Beach last week, and when he surfaced, the sea lion pup jumped right up.
Coleman is not sure if the sea lion was scared of predators, wanted to get warm or was just playing around. The pup stayed awhile before diving back into the water.
animal news, amazing video, bizarre news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 21 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break