Lancaster father delivers his own son in passenger seat
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A Lancaster father delivered his own son in the passenger seat of his car as he and his wife were on the way to the hospital.
Javier Garcia took his duties as a parent one step further Sunday when his wife's water broke as they were on their way to Antelope Valley Hospital Sunday night.
The couple was certain their baby was not going to wait so they pulled over to an isolated area.
With help from a dispatcher, Garcia brought his son into the world on the passenger seat of his car.
"These situations do occur at times," Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Lester Fuzell said. "You never know when Mother Nature is going to decide when that new bundle of joy is going to come in.
Baby Noah had already arrived by the time fire crews showed up.Despite it all, he and mom are doing just fine.
This is baby No. 3 for the happy couple.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 1 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 26 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
44 min ago