Lancaster father delivers his own son in passenger seat
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A Lancaster father delivered his own son in the passenger seat of his car as he and his wife were on the way to the hospital.
Javier Garcia took his duties as a parent one step further Sunday when his wife's water broke as they were on their way to Antelope Valley Hospital Sunday night.
The couple was certain their baby was not going to wait so they pulled over to an isolated area.
With help from a dispatcher, Garcia brought his son into the world on the passenger seat of his car.
"These situations do occur at times," Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Lester Fuzell said. "You never know when Mother Nature is going to decide when that new bundle of joy is going to come in.
Baby Noah had already arrived by the time fire crews showed up.Despite it all, he and mom are doing just fine.
This is baby No. 3 for the happy couple.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 12 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 9 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 1 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks