Bears break into Monrovia home, ransack kitchen table
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Monrovia man is doing some major cleaning after two black bears broke into his home and ransacked his kitchen table Wednesday.
Homeowner Justin Lee says he was upstairs when he heard his dog barking and decided to investigate. To his surprise, he found two bears downstairs.
"This bear head sticking out, right through our screen and that's when I really started to freak out," Lee said. "I'm staring at the bear and the bear is staring at me."
Lee says he then ran upstairs, locked the doors, and called police.
The bears, who entered through a glass sliding door, ransacked the place and helped themselves to some food on the kitchen table.
By the time officers arrived with bean bag guns, the bears had already retreated into the foothills.
Nobody was hurt.
animal news, food, bizarre news, amy powell
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 11 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 37 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 21 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book