Bears break into Monrovia home, ransack kitchen table
MONROVIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Monrovia man is doing some major cleaning after two black bears broke into his home and ransacked his kitchen table Wednesday.
Homeowner Justin Lee says he was upstairs when he heard his dog barking and decided to investigate. To his surprise, he found two bears downstairs.
"This bear head sticking out, right through our screen and that's when I really started to freak out," Lee said. "I'm staring at the bear and the bear is staring at me."
Lee says he then ran upstairs, locked the doors, and called police.
The bears, who entered through a glass sliding door, ransacked the place and helped themselves to some food on the kitchen table.
By the time officers arrived with bean bag guns, the bears had already retreated into the foothills.
Nobody was hurt.
animal news, food, bizarre news, amy powell
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 54 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son