Woman delivers 16-pound baby boy in England
CHELTENHAM, England (KABC) -- An England mom says she has no plans to have any more children after naturally giving birth to a nearly 16-pound baby boy.
Jade King says baby George took everyone, including her doctors by surprise, turning up much bigger than expected at a whopping 15 pounds, seven ounces.
"Once his head was out, they realized he was so big," King said. "And then his shoulders got stuck. There were about 20 odd doctors in the room and that's when it got really scary."
Delivering George wasn't an easy delivery. The baby allegedly went without oxygen for five minutes.
Six weeks later, George is now out of the hospital and doing well. He has reportedly gained a pound and is wearing clothes for a 6-month-old.
Doctors say they still don't know why baby George was double the size of the average newborn.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 3 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 18 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 40 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future