Polar bear cub unveiled at New York zoo
BUFFALO, N.Y. (KABC) -- The Buffalo Zoo in New York introduced an adorable cub to the public for the very first time - a playful baby polar bear.
The zoo's new furry resident, Luna, is only a few months old so her outing only lasted about an hour. But the young polar bear played with her toys and took a dip in her baby pool to the delight of her fans.
"I was so excited that I was thinking I wanted Luna to be my pet," a young fan said.
Over the past two years, the Buffalo Zoo has raised $14 million of the $18 million needed to build a new entrance and polar bear exhibit. They are now asking residents of western New York and surrounding areas to help raise the remaining $4 million.
Luna will soon be joined by a second baby polar bear, whose mother was killed in Alaska.
The male cub, named Kali, is expected to arrive sometime this Spring.
animal news, bizarre news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)