Polar bear cub unveiled at New York zoo
BUFFALO, N.Y. (KABC) -- The Buffalo Zoo in New York introduced an adorable cub to the public for the very first time - a playful baby polar bear.
The zoo's new furry resident, Luna, is only a few months old so her outing only lasted about an hour. But the young polar bear played with her toys and took a dip in her baby pool to the delight of her fans.
"I was so excited that I was thinking I wanted Luna to be my pet," a young fan said.
Over the past two years, the Buffalo Zoo has raised $14 million of the $18 million needed to build a new entrance and polar bear exhibit. They are now asking residents of western New York and surrounding areas to help raise the remaining $4 million.
Luna will soon be joined by a second baby polar bear, whose mother was killed in Alaska.
The male cub, named Kali, is expected to arrive sometime this Spring.
animal news, bizarre news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 33 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker