Polar bear cub unveiled at New York zoo
BUFFALO, N.Y. (KABC) -- The Buffalo Zoo in New York introduced an adorable cub to the public for the very first time - a playful baby polar bear.
The zoo's new furry resident, Luna, is only a few months old so her outing only lasted about an hour. But the young polar bear played with her toys and took a dip in her baby pool to the delight of her fans.
"I was so excited that I was thinking I wanted Luna to be my pet," a young fan said.
Over the past two years, the Buffalo Zoo has raised $14 million of the $18 million needed to build a new entrance and polar bear exhibit. They are now asking residents of western New York and surrounding areas to help raise the remaining $4 million.
Luna will soon be joined by a second baby polar bear, whose mother was killed in Alaska.
The male cub, named Kali, is expected to arrive sometime this Spring.
animal news, bizarre news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 51 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 51 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
31 min ago