Homeless man pays it forward with $50,000 lottery win
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (KABC) -- A homeless man in Illinois is paying it forward after winning the lottery.
Dennis is 59 years old. He spent the past 30 years homeless, often living outside in a tent.
Recently, someone gave him a $1 instant scratch-off ticket and it changed his life. The ticket was a $50,000 winner and Dennis is spreading the wealth.
"I'm paying it forward. All the guys camped out back there, I'm going to give them each $100," said Dennis.
His check should arrive in a few weeks. Since he doesn't' have an address, he's having it sent to a friend's house.
lottery, bizarre news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial 9 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 43 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate