Lion meat tacos cause uproar in Florida
TAMPA, Fla. (KABC) -- Exotic meat tacos at a Florida restaurant are causing a big uproar.
The small tacos at Tampa's Taco Fusion restaurant look enticing and many who try them say they are tasty. The meat in question -- lion meat.
It has some people wondering if it's even legal to serve something on the endangered species list.
The specialty tacos cost about $35. The restaurant also serves other exotic meats, such as beaver tacos and camel tacos.
Brad Barnett, the restaurant's operation manager, says it is all legal. His message to people: "If you don't like it, don't eat it."
food, bizarre news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 41 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 52 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 12 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 44 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 10 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks