Lion meat tacos taken off menu at Florida restaurant
TAMPA, Fla. (KABC) -- If you wanted to try a lion meat taco, it looks like you've missed your chance.
The Florida restaurant that recently caused controversy for serving the exotic meat has agreed to stop selling it.
Taco Fusion restaurant in Tampa is known for serving exotic game in its tacos, but lion meat caused the most uproar.
Customers gave the $35 tacos mixed reviews, but a wildlife group said an animal on the endangered species list didn't belong on a menu.
"Thank you all for the feedback regarding the lion meat promotion at Taco Fusion. Some of you were supportive, some of you were angry. We listened to everyone and decided to no longer carry lion," the restaurant said on its website. "The lion meat is sold out and we do not plan to carry it again. Thank you all for your feedback."
There are still lots of other specialty tacos to choose from, including shark, gazelle, ostrich, beaver and camel.
food, bizarre news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 35 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report