Cat lost after Hurricane Sandy finds way home
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (KABC) -- A cat in New Jersey wouldn't let time, distance or a natural disaster stand between him and his family.
When Uranie Roberts and her daughter, Carol Baumann, evacuated from their New Jersey home six months ago by boat due to Hurricane Sandy, they took their cat, Porsche. But Porsche suddenly disappeared.
Last week, when the two returned home, there was Porsche meowing at their back door.
"It was really funny because when he came in, it was like 'wah wah wah.' It's like he wanted to tell his story, but we don't speak cat," said Baumann.
Porsche somehow traveled eight miles through some of the areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy to reach home. His owners call it a miracle.
animal news, bizarre news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 54 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 53 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 41 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 1 min ago
- Pets of the Week: Chihuahua mixes Nina, Chloe
16 min ago