High-speed chase stopped by family of ducks
PORTLAND, Ore. (KABC) -- A high-speed chase in Oregon came to a sudden halt when a family of ducks got the right-of-way. The whole thing was all caught on video.
A police officer caught a driver going 52 mph in a 35 mph zone. The pursuit slowed down and came to an end when the officer came upon a mother duck taking her ducklings for a stroll.
Most officers on a pursuit would have driven around them. Instead, Dashcam video on Officer Mark James' cruiser shows the officer got out of the car and ushered the duck family to the side of the road and away from traffic.
He then returned to his vehicle, knowing he lost the traffic violator but he did his good deed for the day.
animal news, caught on tape, car chase, pursuit, bizarre news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 46 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 59 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry