Officer, good Samaritans lift SUV off girl
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KABC) -- A New Mexico state police officer and good Samaritans lifted an overturned SUV off a little girl, and it was all caught on dash-cam video.
Officer Steve Nunez arrived at the scene of the accident last week he noticed an 8-year-old girl was trapped in the wreckage. Nunez says she was fading fast.
He and a bystander tried to jack up the vehicle, but that didn't work, so he started calling out to anyone for manpower. One by one, good Samaritans came racing.
Slowly, the SUV started to rise all the way onto its side, and they pulled the little girl out to safety. She was rushed to a local hospital, and she is expected to make a full recovery.
Nunez says his own children served as an inspiration.
"It's always hard to see anybody in that situation, but especially children, and dad mode kicked in," Nunez said.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
accident, caught on tape, bizarre news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 1 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 26 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 29 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family 33 min ago
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 58 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14