Officer, good Samaritans lift SUV off girl
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KABC) -- A New Mexico state police officer and good Samaritans lifted an overturned SUV off a little girl, and it was all caught on dash-cam video.
Officer Steve Nunez arrived at the scene of the accident last week he noticed an 8-year-old girl was trapped in the wreckage. Nunez says she was fading fast.
He and a bystander tried to jack up the vehicle, but that didn't work, so he started calling out to anyone for manpower. One by one, good Samaritans came racing.
Slowly, the SUV started to rise all the way onto its side, and they pulled the little girl out to safety. She was rushed to a local hospital, and she is expected to make a full recovery.
Nunez says his own children served as an inspiration.
"It's always hard to see anybody in that situation, but especially children, and dad mode kicked in," Nunez said.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
accident, caught on tape, bizarre news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut