Man devours 2 giant apple pies in minutes, breaks world record
LINCOLN, Calif. (KABC) -- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but what about 11 pounds of apple pie?
Competitive eater Jamie "The Bear" McDonald scarfed down two giant apple pies at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort in Lincoln, Calif., on Monday. He didn't even bother with a fork and knife; true to his nickname, he used his "paws."
It only took him about 10 minutes to eat 11.25 pounds of the delicious dessert, breaking two world records in the process.
McDonald thinks he ate about 10,000 to 15,000 calories of pie.
california, northern california, food, casino, bizarre news
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 3 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 3 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 15 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 28 min ago
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'