Man devours 2 giant apple pies in minutes, breaks world record
LINCOLN, Calif. (KABC) -- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but what about 11 pounds of apple pie?
Competitive eater Jamie "The Bear" McDonald scarfed down two giant apple pies at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort in Lincoln, Calif., on Monday. He didn't even bother with a fork and knife; true to his nickname, he used his "paws."
It only took him about 10 minutes to eat 11.25 pounds of the delicious dessert, breaking two world records in the process.
McDonald thinks he ate about 10,000 to 15,000 calories of pie.
california, northern california, food, casino, bizarre news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 20 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 51 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 39 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 39 min ago
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)