Otter artists paint pictures at Florida zoo
PENSACOLA, Fla. (KABC) -- Move over Monet: Two otters at a Florida zoo have become quite the artistes.
"Lucy" and "Grimace" have been churning out paintings on a regular basis at the Gulf Breeze Zoo in Pensacola.
Grimace is into realism, while Lucy's art is more abstract.
Zookeepers say they've sold more than 50 pieces of the otter artwork. The money buys the otters toys and treats.
And don't worry, the paint isn't toxic. Lucy and Grimace wash it off between paintings.
Otters have famously short attention spans, so they only paint once a week, usually on Sundays to large crowds.
Next week a Fort Walton Beach art gallery will display the critter creations.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, bizarre news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 1 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
2 min ago