Costumed penguins waddle around Japanese park to welcome African leaders
YOKOHAMA, Japan (KABC) -- Penguins waddling in African costumes welcomed the arrival of around 50 African leaders to Yokohama, Japan.
The gussied-up African penguins waddled around a theme park ahead of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development, which was scheduled to get under way over the weekend.
A theme park organizer said he hoped the African leaders in town for the conference would get a chance to see the animals.
The conference aims to promote interaction and cooperation between African leaders and potential development partners.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, bizarre news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate