Costumed penguins waddle around Japanese park to welcome African leaders
YOKOHAMA, Japan (KABC) -- Penguins waddling in African costumes welcomed the arrival of around 50 African leaders to Yokohama, Japan.
The gussied-up African penguins waddled around a theme park ahead of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development, which was scheduled to get under way over the weekend.
A theme park organizer said he hoped the African leaders in town for the conference would get a chance to see the animals.
The conference aims to promote interaction and cooperation between African leaders and potential development partners.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, bizarre news
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 37 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 5 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 29 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 32 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini