App: Get paid for reporting parking violators
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You may soon be able to use a smartphone app to report parking violators and even make a few bucks.
You take a picture of the illegal parker, it gets forwarded to local cops, and you get paid.
The violations can include things such as double parking, expired times on meters, or cars parked in fire lanes.
The app maker, SpotSquad, plans to demo it this summer in Winnipeg, Canada.
There's no word on when it will be ready for the streets of Los Angeles.
app, bizarre news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 14 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 40 min ago
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
51 min ago