App: Get paid for reporting parking violators
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You may soon be able to use a smartphone app to report parking violators and even make a few bucks.
You take a picture of the illegal parker, it gets forwarded to local cops, and you get paid.
The violations can include things such as double parking, expired times on meters, or cars parked in fire lanes.
The app maker, SpotSquad, plans to demo it this summer in Winnipeg, Canada.
There's no word on when it will be ready for the streets of Los Angeles.
app, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 2 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
10 min ago