Caught on camera: Monkey bites Texas officer during traffic stop
ARANSAS PASS, Texas (KABC) -- A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Aransas Pass Officer Keith Moore wrote out a speeding ticket. As he was handing the ticket to the driver, a pet monkey jumped from the back seat and bit the officer's right hand.
Moore had a miniature video camera on his glasses which captured the incident.
"We're taught to be on guard at all times, but at that point I wasn't on guard for a monkey," said Moore.
The monkey got a warning but no ticket. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, animal news, bizarre news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area 39 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report