Caught on camera: Monkey bites Texas officer during traffic stop
ARANSAS PASS, Texas (KABC) -- A South Texas police officer had to deal with some unexpected monkey business during a traffic stop on Wednesday.
Aransas Pass Officer Keith Moore wrote out a speeding ticket. As he was handing the ticket to the driver, a pet monkey jumped from the back seat and bit the officer's right hand.
Moore had a miniature video camera on his glasses which captured the incident.
"We're taught to be on guard at all times, but at that point I wasn't on guard for a monkey," said Moore.
The monkey got a warning but no ticket. The bite left a mark, but the 21-year-old officer was not hurt otherwise.
The trained monkey makes appearances at carnivals and other entertainment events.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
caught on tape, animal news, bizarre news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 21 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 41 min ago
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace 24 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM 23 min ago
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Pet of the Week: Beagle mix named Noelle
58 min ago