Surfing dogs hit waves at Imperial Beach competition
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 40 surfing dogs unleashed on some waves Saturday in San Diego County's Imperial Beach.
The canines took part in the "2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition - Unleashed by Petco."
YouTube sensation Tillman also showed up to the 8th-annual competition. The English bulldog from Huntington Beach is usually on his skateboard, but he ditched it to show off his surfing skills. Tillman won first place in the large dog category.
Dogs weren't the only ones having a good time. More than 3,000 people hit the sand for a little fun in the sun.
The event raised close to $20,000 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, surf, san diego, bizarre news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 15 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 59 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 20 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break