Surfing dogs hit waves at Imperial Beach competition
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 40 surfing dogs unleashed on some waves Saturday in San Diego County's Imperial Beach.
The canines took part in the "2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition - Unleashed by Petco."
YouTube sensation Tillman also showed up to the 8th-annual competition. The English bulldog from Huntington Beach is usually on his skateboard, but he ditched it to show off his surfing skills. Tillman won first place in the large dog category.
Dogs weren't the only ones having a good time. More than 3,000 people hit the sand for a little fun in the sun.
The event raised close to $20,000 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
ABC News contributed to this report.
animal news, surf, san diego, bizarre news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater 19 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis