Small monkey found during drug bust in Thousand Palms
THOUSAND PALMS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- Riverside County sheriff's deputies found a diaper-wearing monkey during a drug bust in Thousand Palms on Friday.
Along with illegal narcotics, deputies discovered a 2-year-old marmoset monkey named Penny inside a home on the 31600 block of Christy Way, according to Riverside County Animal Services.
It is illegal to own such an animal without a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so a woman living at the home signed Penny over to animal services.
The small monkey was transported to the Coachella Valley Animal Campus, which specializes in caring for exotic pets.
Two people at the home were taken into custody. Their names have not been released.
animal news, riverside county, bizarre news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 56 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 17 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)