Small monkey found during drug bust in Thousand Palms
THOUSAND PALMS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- Riverside County sheriff's deputies found a diaper-wearing monkey during a drug bust in Thousand Palms on Friday.
Along with illegal narcotics, deputies discovered a 2-year-old marmoset monkey named Penny inside a home on the 31600 block of Christy Way, according to Riverside County Animal Services.
It is illegal to own such an animal without a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, so a woman living at the home signed Penny over to animal services.
The small monkey was transported to the Coachella Valley Animal Campus, which specializes in caring for exotic pets.
Two people at the home were taken into custody. Their names have not been released.
animal news, riverside county, bizarre news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 25 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 30 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)