Great white shark feasts on seal near surfers in Massachusetts
CAPE COD, Mass. (KABC) -- A photographer in Massachusetts captured a photo of a hungry great white shark eating a seal on Sunday.
The picture was taken about 100 yards off the shore of Cape Cod by Bruce Langsen, who said he's been taking photos at the beach for years. But he's never seen anything like this.
"You could see the blood pool expanding out there. It was kind of gruesome, honestly speaking," Langsen said.
The shark was just 40 yards from a group of surfers.
Experts say it's not rare to see a shark this late in the season. Some of the great whites stay in the waters until at least December.
animal news, bizarre news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 30 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 9 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 20 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke