Plane found in lake amid search for drowning victim
CORNELIUS, N.C. (KABC) -- A plane was found deep under water in a North Carolina lake while crews were searching for a drowning victim.
An aircraft was found 90 feet deep under the water as crews conducted the search with high-tech equipment.
"If there's a plane in there, no doubt somebody should have reported a plane missing or family reporting pilots. It's very strange," said area resident Dick Mahoney.
North Carolina law enforcement officials are now working with the Federal Aviation Administration to try and determine how the plane got there and who it could belong to.
faa, bizarre news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 6 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 55 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
36 min ago