Plane found in lake amid search for drowning victim
CORNELIUS, N.C. (KABC) -- A plane was found deep under water in a North Carolina lake while crews were searching for a drowning victim.
An aircraft was found 90 feet deep under the water as crews conducted the search with high-tech equipment.
"If there's a plane in there, no doubt somebody should have reported a plane missing or family reporting pilots. It's very strange," said area resident Dick Mahoney.
North Carolina law enforcement officials are now working with the Federal Aviation Administration to try and determine how the plane got there and who it could belong to.
faa, bizarre news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 48 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
1 min ago