90-year-olds marry after years of friendship
PORT ANGELES, Wash. (KABC) -- A 93-year-old man and his 90-year-old sweetheart are proving that it's never too late to find true love.
Andy Nilles and Gladys Salley of Washington tied the knot Friday at the doughnut shop where they spent many hours together.
They live in the same retirement home, but they didn't start dating until they were introduced by a mutual friend.
The couple says people would comment that they always looked liked the perfect married couple so they decided to prove them right.
"It'll mean when you wake up at night, feeling kind of sad or alone, you can reach over and hold their hand," said Salley.
Nilles admits he didn't get down on one knee to propose. He says he was a bit worried he wouldn't be able to get back up again.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months