Magic Restroom Cafe is flush with originality
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- Every so often, a restaurant comes along that likes to stir the pot. But one Rowland Heights cafe is stirring a different kind of pot.
Zin Han, manager of the restaurant, says the Magic Restroom Cafe is inspired by similar restaurants in China and Japan. But in the states, Han says he's enjoying a porcelain monopoly.
The seats at the Magic Restroom Cafe are toilets, and meals are served in miniature toilets. Maryann Lavayen found a practical side to the toilet seats.
"We got our purses in here," she said as she lifted the toilet seat cover. "We know where they're at."
So, how do you describe a restaurant like this? It's a place flush with originality. It's got food that will bowl you over. And even though the seats aren't very comfortable, you're relieved that there aren't any stools.
Doug Bassett of Altadena said he would consider bringing his wife to the restaurant, adding, "She's used to seeing me on the toilet."
food, bizarre news, rob hayes
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report