Magic Restroom Cafe is flush with originality
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- Every so often, a restaurant comes along that likes to stir the pot. But one Rowland Heights cafe is stirring a different kind of pot.
Zin Han, manager of the restaurant, says the Magic Restroom Cafe is inspired by similar restaurants in China and Japan. But in the states, Han says he's enjoying a porcelain monopoly.
The seats at the Magic Restroom Cafe are toilets, and meals are served in miniature toilets. Maryann Lavayen found a practical side to the toilet seats.
"We got our purses in here," she said as she lifted the toilet seat cover. "We know where they're at."
So, how do you describe a restaurant like this? It's a place flush with originality. It's got food that will bowl you over. And even though the seats aren't very comfortable, you're relieved that there aren't any stools.
Doug Bassett of Altadena said he would consider bringing his wife to the restaurant, adding, "She's used to seeing me on the toilet."
food, bizarre news, rob hayes
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 34 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 11 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India 17 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says