Magic Restroom Cafe is flush with originality
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- Every so often, a restaurant comes along that likes to stir the pot. But one Rowland Heights cafe is stirring a different kind of pot.
Zin Han, manager of the restaurant, says the Magic Restroom Cafe is inspired by similar restaurants in China and Japan. But in the states, Han says he's enjoying a porcelain monopoly.
The seats at the Magic Restroom Cafe are toilets, and meals are served in miniature toilets. Maryann Lavayen found a practical side to the toilet seats.
"We got our purses in here," she said as she lifted the toilet seat cover. "We know where they're at."
So, how do you describe a restaurant like this? It's a place flush with originality. It's got food that will bowl you over. And even though the seats aren't very comfortable, you're relieved that there aren't any stools.
Doug Bassett of Altadena said he would consider bringing his wife to the restaurant, adding, "She's used to seeing me on the toilet."
food, bizarre news, rob hayes
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds