Couple who met at ABC7 celebrates 55th anniversary
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Glendale couple's love story is more than half a century in the making. They will mark a milestone anniversary on Thanksgiving Day, and they credit ABC7 for making the magic happen.
On Thanksgiving Day 55 years ago, Glady and Jack Kabateck got married. Today, they're still going strong.
"I think I probably have the most wonderful, thoughtful husband," said Glady.
Her husband feels the same way about her.
"Likewise, I have the most thoughtful lady," said Jack.
The two say they would have never met without KABC-TV.
"It was Cupid to us, bringing us together," said Jack.
They first met when they were both applying for jobs at KABC-TV. They were seated across from each other and the human resources manager came out to speak with them.
"She stepped out and she said, 'If you two don't stop all that laughing and talking and carrying on...I'm going to fire you both before I hire you,'" recalled Jack.
But they were both hired for entry-level positions and helped pioneer TV in Los Angeles.
"I had the happiest days that I can think of there," said Glady.
Glady eventually left to take care of her two boys. Both are now married to their own wives and have given grandkids to Jack and Glady.
"We have just been really blessed with a wonderful family," said Glady.
The couple says the secret to longevity is communication. Jack says it's "a lot of give and take." And every day, they say "I love you."
bizarre news, elex michaelson
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 13 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
23 min ago