Minnesota man arrested after tossing money to mall-goers
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (KABC) -- A Minnesota man wanting to spread some holiday cheer made it rain -- money that is.
Serge Vorobyov stood on the fourth floor of the Mall of America during a holiday concert on Friday and began tossing money to the people down below. Altogether, he threw down $1,000 in dollar bills.
Vorobyov said he had a rough year and wanted to do something nice for people on Black Friday.
But mall security wasn't excited about the giveaway. They arrested him for disorderly conduct.
A mall spokesman said the man's stunt could have caused a major disturbance and gotten somebody hurt.
CNN contributed to this report.
shopping, arrest, bizarre news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 9 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks