McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple at drive-thru
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (KABC) -- A Tennessee couple received a bag full of cash instead of their breakfast at a McDonald's drive-thru.
Greg and Stacye Terry on Tuesday went home with a bag of what they thought was their order and found three clear bags inside, filled with dollar bills and change. The money turned out to be the restaurant's deposit.
An employee at the McDonald's quickly discovered the mistake and was able to catch up with the Terrys. The couple immediately returned all the money.
"The second that he said it was their deposit, my first thing was, 'Get in the truck. Let's take it back.' There's no other way to have it. I couldn't live with myself with that," said Stacye Terry.
The Terrys say they got a good laugh out of the experience. The store's owner said they are grateful to the customers and are looking into why the mix-up happened.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 25 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break