Mystery donor gives $50K to Joplin Salvation Army for 8th year
JOPLIN, Mo. (KABC) -- A secret Santa has brightened the holidays for the Salvation Army in Joplin, Mo. - again!
For the eighth year in a row, an anonymous person donated $50,000.
He or she wraps checks in dollar bills so they aren't detected until the bucket is opened.
Nine-hundred families in the area need assistance, so the money will be put to good use.
charity, bizarre news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 9 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 51 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 33 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 19 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...