Stranger grants kindergartner's Christmas wish
CHULA VISTA, Calif. (KABC) -- A class of California kindergartners sent wish lists to Santa Claus, but a 5-year-old's letter didn't make it to the North Pole. But thanks to a Good Samaritan, her wish was granted all the same.
Terry Hardin was on his way home from work in Chula Vista when he spotted a red balloon slowly descending toward him.
A note attached read, "Dear Santa, I would like to have a mermaid doll with a bow for Christmas. Thank you, Love Joie."
When Hardin read the note, he knew he had to do something.
"I had to find this little girl because I don't know where this balloon came from," said Hardin. "I had no clue. I had to find out."
With some help from Facebook, Hardin tracked Joie to a kindergarten class at St. Rose of Lima School. On Tuesday, the class tied their wishes to balloons and sent them floating into the sky.
Since Joie's list failed to reach Santa Claus, Hardin bought the 5-year-old a mermaid doll.
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 35 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 28 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 19 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 40 min ago