San Diego man buys iPod at Target, finds erasers inside box
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Jim Nevarde bought his wife a new iPod Classic at a Target store in Mira Mesa this Christmas. But when she opened the box Christmas morning, it was full of school erasers and index cards.
On Thursday, Nevarde walked into a different Target store to get it replaced, but was worried no one would believe him.
That's when the clerk opened a second iPod box and found it too was full of erasers. Nevarde says he felt vindicated.
"Oh yeah, because now I knew they have to believe me," he said. "Either Target has an issue or Apple, somebody in between has an issue with these."
Target released the following statement regarding the iPod issue: "At Target, we are committed to providing our guests with an outstanding shopping experience. We take this incident very seriously and worked directly with the guest to resolve the issue and make it right. We are looking into this incident and have no additional information to share."
So far, officials have no idea who is swapping iPods for erasers.
unbelievable, san diego, bizarre news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 53 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report