'Atomic wedgie' murder: Man allegedly kills stepfather in fight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man in Oklahoma allegedly killed his stepfather during a fight by giving him an "atomic wedgie," police say.
According to police, Brad Lee Davis said a fight broke out with his stepfather, Denver St. Clair, after St. Clair insulted Davis' mother. According to court documents, Davis admitted to pulling St. Clair's underwear over his back and head, allowing the elastic band to wrap around his neck. Police also reported blood splatter on the walls.
Once St. Clair stopped breathing, Davis called 911. Officials say he told detectives he gave his stepfather an atomic wedgie.
Court papers also show Davis planned on assaulting St. Clair, but not necessarily killing him.
Davis is being held without bond. A formal charge is expected to be filed at a hearing later this month.
Our sister station KFSN-TV in Fresno contributed to this report.
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report