Facebook beats Google as most visited site
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Facebook surpassed Google in 2010 as the most visited website in the U.S.
In the span of six years, the social networking site has exploded in popularity, boasting about half a billion users worldwide.
Just three years ago, MySpace was the most visited site, but it now ranks number seven.
Facebook also ranked number one for the most searched term of 2010.
facebook, myspace, business
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78 3 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report