Make a career posting videos on YouTube
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You may have posted video onto YouTube.
Imagine making a career out of it.
Hundreds of people are earning good salaries with their YouTube postings.
Whether it's David after the dentist or cats who slap, YouTube has many people laughing, some all the way to the bank.
"They're making more than six figures a year, making very, very funny videos for YouTube: educational videos, how-to videos and the program is growing and growing," said YouTube spokeswoman Annie Baxter.
What's growing is YouTube's partner program.
Creators of videos allow ads related to the topic to appear alongside it.
YouTube splits the ad revenue with the creator.
Michelle Phan is making thousands just showing women how to apply makeup.
Rob Homayoon is making money instructing origami.
YouTube says 15,000 people worldwide are in the partner program.
They estimate hundreds are making six figures or more a year, thousands are making about a grand per month and a few are pulling in more than $1 million per year. However, the odds for that are slim.
"I wouldn't encourage anybody to just go up today and quit their job and start uploading videos onto YouTube," Baxter said.
Actually, one user, Emily Kim, did quit her day job at a non-profit after making enough money in the program with her Korean cooking tips.
business, david ono
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- SoCal fire season could be worst in 100 years
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Yucaipa teen run over by alleged drunk driver
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- 'MU' premieres w/ blue carpet, tailgate party 54 min ago
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos