Subway stores outnumber McDonald's worldwide
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Subway sandwich chain has surpassed McDonald's restaurants with more stores worldwide.
Subway has 33,749 stores compared to Mcdonald's 32,737.
Subway said it tries to open 1,000 to 2,000 new stores every year and is getting creative. Shops have opened in churches, car dealerships, bowling alleys and casinos.
The sandwich chain is also expanding in South America and Asia.
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 12 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 30 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 50 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
10 min ago