Apple sues Samsung for patent infringement
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Apple Inc. is suing Samsung Electronics Co., saying Samsung's Galaxy line of smart phones and tablet computers copy the iPad and iPhone.
Apple is seeking an order barring Samsung from infringing on a variety of its patents and trademarks, as well as unspecified damages.
A Samsung spokesman says the company's products are the result of its own research and development.
He says Samsung plans to defend itself against Apple's lawsuit.
apple, iPhone, legal, business
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)