Honda Center to get multi-million dollar upgrades
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The Honda Center in Anaheim is getting a makeover in what's being called the most extensive improvement project in the history of the structure.
Renovations are expected to begin this fall and include the creation of a 12,000-square-foot indoor-outdoor entertainment space and a new full-service restaurant.
The Anaheim Ducks team store will also be expanded to 4,200 square feet, which the company says will allow the store to sell merchandise for another team.
"These multi-million dollar upgrades will have a dramatic impact on the overall fan experience and assure Honda Center stands up favorably next to any arena in the country, including those that house multiple sports franchises," said Tim Ryan, president and chief executive of Anaheim Arena Management, which manages the Honda Center.
The Honda Center is home to the Anaheim Ducks NHL team and also hosts concerts throughout the year.
Anaheim's mayor says the improvements will mean the arena will be NBA ready. Earlier this year, the Sacramento Kings passed up the opportunity to move to the arena.
City News Service contributed to this report.
anaheim ducks, construction, business
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son