Toyota tells suppliers to prepare for growth
TOKYO (KABC) -- Toyota is notifying its suppliers to prepare for an increase in production next year.
The Japanese automaker says it expects to get back on a growth track after being hit by massive recalls and the tsunami disaster.
Kyodo News in Japan reported that Toyota is planning a record number of cars for production next year.
But a spokesperson said Wednesday that the increased numbers are guidelines and not hard targets.
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide