Toyota tells suppliers to prepare for growth
TOKYO (KABC) -- Toyota is notifying its suppliers to prepare for an increase in production next year.
The Japanese automaker says it expects to get back on a growth track after being hit by massive recalls and the tsunami disaster.
Kyodo News in Japan reported that Toyota is planning a record number of cars for production next year.
But a spokesperson said Wednesday that the increased numbers are guidelines and not hard targets.
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants