Toyota tells suppliers to prepare for growth
TOKYO (KABC) -- Toyota is notifying its suppliers to prepare for an increase in production next year.
The Japanese automaker says it expects to get back on a growth track after being hit by massive recalls and the tsunami disaster.
Kyodo News in Japan reported that Toyota is planning a record number of cars for production next year.
But a spokesperson said Wednesday that the increased numbers are guidelines and not hard targets.
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 40 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour