Yahoo promotes revamped online video portal, Screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Yahoo Inc. is hoping to become known for more than just search and email.
The site is pushing its revamped online video portal called Screen.
The company also announced it's launching eight new original online shows, which are all targeted to women. The new shows generally take an unscripted, lifestyle programming strategy.
Yahoo is also planning further additions, with series focusing on other demographics and genres.
The new Yahoo! Screen is where users will find all of the site's videos, including content from Hulu, as well as its own original content.
On Monday, Yahoo also announced a partnership with ABC News to further its news coverage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film