Yahoo promotes revamped online video portal, Screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Yahoo Inc. is hoping to become known for more than just search and email.
The site is pushing its revamped online video portal called Screen.
The company also announced it's launching eight new original online shows, which are all targeted to women. The new shows generally take an unscripted, lifestyle programming strategy.
Yahoo is also planning further additions, with series focusing on other demographics and genres.
The new Yahoo! Screen is where users will find all of the site's videos, including content from Hulu, as well as its own original content.
On Monday, Yahoo also announced a partnership with ABC News to further its news coverage.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 34 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 7 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 44 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book