Apple announces new chairman, director
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Apple announced a new chairman of the board and director on Tuesday.
Arthur D. Levinson is the new chairman of the board and Robert Iger was tapped as director.
Iger is president and CEO of the Walt Disney Co.
Levinson, who is chairman of Genentech Inc., has been co-lead director on Apple Inc.'s board since 2005. He joined the board in 2000.
Levinson is replacing Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who died last month after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 56 years old.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling 59 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders 42 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions