LA Fitness purchases Bally clubs in SoCal
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Irvine-based LA Fitness has purchased all of the Bally Total Fitness clubs in Southern California, and at least two clubs will be shut down in the process.
The Northridge Bally club and another facility in Glendora are closing Thursday. The other 37 Bally gyms in Southern California have been rebranded as LA Fitness.
Bally clubs in Northern California are not part of the acquisition.
LA Fitness says it will honor current Bally memberships at its locations. However, it will not honor contracts of customers who have lifetime memberships with Bally.
exercise, exercise equipment, business
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 8 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 38 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
6 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago