LA Fitness purchases Bally clubs in SoCal
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Irvine-based LA Fitness has purchased all of the Bally Total Fitness clubs in Southern California, and at least two clubs will be shut down in the process.
The Northridge Bally club and another facility in Glendora are closing Thursday. The other 37 Bally gyms in Southern California have been rebranded as LA Fitness.
Bally clubs in Northern California are not part of the acquisition.
LA Fitness says it will honor current Bally memberships at its locations. However, it will not honor contracts of customers who have lifetime memberships with Bally.
exercise, exercise equipment, business
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 22 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 20 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker