LONG ISLAND CITY -- A couple of Columbia University grads have come up with an out of this world online company that makes custom chocolates.
It's called Chocomize.com.
They sort through orders in their offices in Long Island City and then a team, with a magic touch, fills them. They can make up to 2000 custom bars each day.
Many ideas come right from the people who love the bars.
"They're always suggesting things they like, like chipotle peppers. I think was something we hadn't thought of. Our customers suggested it and it's very popular," said co-founder Eric Heinbockel.
First you pick your Belgium chocolate base - milk, dark or white, then the ingredients.
You're allowed up to 5 on each bar. Sounds easy, but with more than 100 different things to choose from, suddenly it's not so simple.
"Milk chocolate with bacon, pop rocks, sour patch kids, junior mints - we see all sorts of strange things," Heinbockel said.
No combination is ever denied, from the customer who just orders a single bar to the man who wanted 10-thousand. They realize people, in good times and bad, are naturally drawn to chocolate.
You can learn more at www.chocomize.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, kemberly richardson
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting 5 min ago
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors 36 min ago
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan