LONG ISLAND CITY -- A couple of Columbia University grads have come up with an out of this world online company that makes custom chocolates.
It's called Chocomize.com.
They sort through orders in their offices in Long Island City and then a team, with a magic touch, fills them. They can make up to 2000 custom bars each day.
Many ideas come right from the people who love the bars.
"They're always suggesting things they like, like chipotle peppers. I think was something we hadn't thought of. Our customers suggested it and it's very popular," said co-founder Eric Heinbockel.
First you pick your Belgium chocolate base - milk, dark or white, then the ingredients.
You're allowed up to 5 on each bar. Sounds easy, but with more than 100 different things to choose from, suddenly it's not so simple.
"Milk chocolate with bacon, pop rocks, sour patch kids, junior mints - we see all sorts of strange things," Heinbockel said.
No combination is ever denied, from the customer who just orders a single bar to the man who wanted 10-thousand. They realize people, in good times and bad, are naturally drawn to chocolate.
You can learn more at www.chocomize.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, kemberly richardson
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video