LONG ISLAND CITY -- A couple of Columbia University grads have come up with an out of this world online company that makes custom chocolates.
It's called Chocomize.com.
They sort through orders in their offices in Long Island City and then a team, with a magic touch, fills them. They can make up to 2000 custom bars each day.
Many ideas come right from the people who love the bars.
"They're always suggesting things they like, like chipotle peppers. I think was something we hadn't thought of. Our customers suggested it and it's very popular," said co-founder Eric Heinbockel.
First you pick your Belgium chocolate base - milk, dark or white, then the ingredients.
You're allowed up to 5 on each bar. Sounds easy, but with more than 100 different things to choose from, suddenly it's not so simple.
"Milk chocolate with bacon, pop rocks, sour patch kids, junior mints - we see all sorts of strange things," Heinbockel said.
No combination is ever denied, from the customer who just orders a single bar to the man who wanted 10-thousand. They realize people, in good times and bad, are naturally drawn to chocolate.
You can learn more at www.chocomize.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, kemberly richardson
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen 43 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 29 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 3 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour