LONG ISLAND CITY -- A couple of Columbia University grads have come up with an out of this world online company that makes custom chocolates.
It's called Chocomize.com.
They sort through orders in their offices in Long Island City and then a team, with a magic touch, fills them. They can make up to 2000 custom bars each day.
Many ideas come right from the people who love the bars.
"They're always suggesting things they like, like chipotle peppers. I think was something we hadn't thought of. Our customers suggested it and it's very popular," said co-founder Eric Heinbockel.
First you pick your Belgium chocolate base - milk, dark or white, then the ingredients.
You're allowed up to 5 on each bar. Sounds easy, but with more than 100 different things to choose from, suddenly it's not so simple.
"Milk chocolate with bacon, pop rocks, sour patch kids, junior mints - we see all sorts of strange things," Heinbockel said.
No combination is ever denied, from the customer who just orders a single bar to the man who wanted 10-thousand. They realize people, in good times and bad, are naturally drawn to chocolate.
You can learn more at www.chocomize.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, kemberly richardson
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds