Honda Center in Anaheim begins renovation
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A major renovation got under way Wednesday at the Honda Center in Anaheim.
Officials had a ceremonial groundbreaking on a multi-million-dollar construction project that will include a 15,000-square-foot terrace, a new public restaurant, a larger team store and more. The Grand Terrace will be equipped with an 80-foot bar and more dining options.
The Honda Center is home to the NHL's Anaheim Ducks. This will be the most extensive upgrade since the arena opened in 1993.
Construction is expected to be done by early 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
anaheim ducks, construction, business
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 58 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 3 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...