Milk made of nuts
BROOKLYN -- Before Julie Van Ullen married Greg last year, she took being healthy to a new level.
They started making nut milk out of their home and selling it to friends, and then they hit the local flea market.
"We sold out first day. Every day, actually," she said.
OMilk was born right in Brooklyn. While there are plenty of nut milk brands, OMilk doesn't use pastes, powders or stabilizers.
"Ours is almonds water sweetness and salt," Julie said.
OMilk is packed with nutrients, protein and calcium and it's filling.
They long ago outgrew their kitchen, so they'll soon be opening a facility in Williamsburg.
They deliver it and they are now selling in stores Flavors such as almond and cashew, plus seasonal flavors.
You can find almond and cashew milks at Dean & Deluca stores in New York City or contact OMilk for home delivery at www.omilknyc.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, omilk, business, lauren glassberg
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 31 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak'
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised