New iPad pre-orders sell out in just 5 days
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- Apple's new iPad comes out Friday, but some customers may have to wait longer.
The company says iPads set aside for pre-orders sold out in just five days. Apple's website shows pre-orders will take two to three weeks to ship.
Of course, customers can wait in line at an Apple store and hope that the iPad hasn't sold out by the time they get inside.
Apple unveiled the new product last week. The new iPad is simply called that - the new iPad, not the iPad 3 or iPad HD as many expected.
It will be slightly thicker and heavier: 9.4 millimeters thick and 1.4 pounds. It will also have a 5 mexapixel camera, full HD recording, voice dictation and a 10-hour battery life.
Prices will stay the same, with a 16GB entry-level model costing $499. Versions capable of accessing cellular networks will cost $629 to $829.
technology, apple, business
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 18 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 1 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 15 min ago
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah MacKay
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time 13 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler
- Tina Malave takes you on chocolate tour
37 min ago