Job fairs draw thousands in New York City
HARLEM -- There is a need for workers. There is a demand for jobs. The two came together in a series of job fairs in New York City.
"My heart is more with social service. Outreach to the homeless. Substance abuse That type of thing," Ken Jackson , one of the people in need of a job, said.
Jackson and hundreds of others turned out for one of those job fairs in Harlem on Thursday. It was one of five job fairs in the boroughs. More than 5,000 jobs are available.
Industries adding some of the most jobs in new york in the last year include accounting, tax prep and payrolls, employment services, management, scientific and tech consulting, home health care and computer systems design to name a few.
Many industries were represented at the job fairs. The Department of Labor's Job Select page lists all of the companies at the fair who are seeking employees right now and coming up. For more information: http://www.labor.ny.gov/jobs/regional.shtm.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, tim fleischer
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 4 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors