Job fairs draw thousands in New York City
HARLEM -- There is a need for workers. There is a demand for jobs. The two came together in a series of job fairs in New York City.
"My heart is more with social service. Outreach to the homeless. Substance abuse That type of thing," Ken Jackson , one of the people in need of a job, said.
Jackson and hundreds of others turned out for one of those job fairs in Harlem on Thursday. It was one of five job fairs in the boroughs. More than 5,000 jobs are available.
Industries adding some of the most jobs in new york in the last year include accounting, tax prep and payrolls, employment services, management, scientific and tech consulting, home health care and computer systems design to name a few.
Many industries were represented at the job fairs. The Department of Labor's Job Select page lists all of the companies at the fair who are seeking employees right now and coming up. For more information: http://www.labor.ny.gov/jobs/regional.shtm.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, tim fleischer
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 38 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 1 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 44 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 20 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 44 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 13 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book