Job fairs draw thousands in New York City
HARLEM -- There is a need for workers. There is a demand for jobs. The two came together in a series of job fairs in New York City.
"My heart is more with social service. Outreach to the homeless. Substance abuse That type of thing," Ken Jackson , one of the people in need of a job, said.
Jackson and hundreds of others turned out for one of those job fairs in Harlem on Thursday. It was one of five job fairs in the boroughs. More than 5,000 jobs are available.
Industries adding some of the most jobs in new york in the last year include accounting, tax prep and payrolls, employment services, management, scientific and tech consulting, home health care and computer systems design to name a few.
Many industries were represented at the job fairs. The Department of Labor's Job Select page lists all of the companies at the fair who are seeking employees right now and coming up. For more information: http://www.labor.ny.gov/jobs/regional.shtm.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, tim fleischer
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 18 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 7 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 10 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 15 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break