Burger King offers bacon sundae on new barbecue menu
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Burger King wants to put a little South in your mouth this summer. Starting Thursday, Burger King will add several barbecue food items to its menu.
They include the Memphis pulled pork BBQ sandwich, the Carolina and Texas BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, frozen lemonade and a bacon sundae.
The bacon sundae is made up of vanilla soft serve ice cream, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and is topped off with a piece of bacon. It weighs in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
Earlier this year, Burger King launched its biggest-ever menu expansion including fruit smoothies, snack wraps and new salads. The items were intended to go after a broader audience of moms and families, a shift from the chain's previous strategy of courting young men with calorie bombs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 14 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 5 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 41 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments