Burger King offers bacon sundae on new barbecue menu
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Burger King wants to put a little South in your mouth this summer. Starting Thursday, Burger King will add several barbecue food items to its menu.
They include the Memphis pulled pork BBQ sandwich, the Carolina and Texas BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, frozen lemonade and a bacon sundae.
The bacon sundae is made up of vanilla soft serve ice cream, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and is topped off with a piece of bacon. It weighs in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
Earlier this year, Burger King launched its biggest-ever menu expansion including fruit smoothies, snack wraps and new salads. The items were intended to go after a broader audience of moms and families, a shift from the chain's previous strategy of courting young men with calorie bombs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 45 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 9 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point