Burger King offers bacon sundae on new barbecue menu
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Burger King wants to put a little South in your mouth this summer. Starting Thursday, Burger King will add several barbecue food items to its menu.
They include the Memphis pulled pork BBQ sandwich, the Carolina and Texas BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, frozen lemonade and a bacon sundae.
The bacon sundae is made up of vanilla soft serve ice cream, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and is topped off with a piece of bacon. It weighs in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
Earlier this year, Burger King launched its biggest-ever menu expansion including fruit smoothies, snack wraps and new salads. The items were intended to go after a broader audience of moms and families, a shift from the chain's previous strategy of courting young men with calorie bombs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 47 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 52 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors