Burger King offers bacon sundae on new barbecue menu
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Burger King wants to put a little South in your mouth this summer. Starting Thursday, Burger King will add several barbecue food items to its menu.
They include the Memphis pulled pork BBQ sandwich, the Carolina and Texas BBQ Whopper or chicken sandwiches, sweet potato fries, frozen lemonade and a bacon sundae.
The bacon sundae is made up of vanilla soft serve ice cream, fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and is topped off with a piece of bacon. It weighs in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
Earlier this year, Burger King launched its biggest-ever menu expansion including fruit smoothies, snack wraps and new salads. The items were intended to go after a broader audience of moms and families, a shift from the chain's previous strategy of courting young men with calorie bombs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse 12 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 7 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)